Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stumbling into Grace



Stumbling Into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman by Lisa Harper proved to be an interesting read. I knew before reading this book that the general attended audience for this piece would be the teenage through the elder woman. Yet I took the step and read it (thinking maybe it would give me insight of my soon to be wife's spirituality). The beginning of the book runs true to the tone of the book, when Lisa describes a funny Doctor visit with a serious conclusion. Lisa writes in such a down to earth, easy to follow way that this book makes a great read. She offers present day parallelisms between her life and scripture. It is great to see scripture brought into light by present day descriptions and allusions. As I mentioned before it was a step for me to read this female orientated book. There were many things all sexes could draw from this book, but I struggled with some of the stories and found that I just could not relate. The humor through this book and its scriptural premise is what got me through though. I would recommend this book to other female friends of mine and I will be giving my copy to my soon to be wife. The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through BookSneeze®.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment